About Me

My photo
I am a granddaughter, a daughter, a sister and a wife. I enjoy every minute of my life, through tough and easy, scary and happy. My life is my life and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Title Unknown

Posted on 1:16 PM by Samantha | 0 comments

Here is a scene from my new novel that I'm starting...

It takes me literally twenty minutes to get ready for the date. I curl my hair to add a little volume, put on an outfit I would usually wear to work, slap on some eye shadow and lip gloss and I'm set to go. The only thing I do to spruce the whole thing up is wear my deep purple leather jacket Luke gave to me for Christmas last year that I've only been able to wear once.
Hannah and I agreed to meet at the restaurant for 7:30 so we can have a drink and talk before the guys come. Which is good because, strangely enough, I'm slightly on edge and need a nice stiff drink to calm my nerves.
As I get to the restaurant, I see Hannah sitting alone at a round table playing with her phone. I can't help but smile. As crazy as she makes me and as much as I need to come to her rescue I can't help but love her. She's a genuinely nice person and has a humungous heart.
I met Hannah my first year out of college when I worked for a horrid man that made me cry daily. On my first day, as I sat in the cafeteria crying my eyes out, she came over to console me. Didn't know me from Adam, but she sat down, put her arms around me and rocked me as I cried. I was so devastated and worn out (it took me 6 months and four years of college to land that job) that I just went with it and cried in her arms for half an hour. The rest is history.
"Ellie," she says, standing as she sees me coming. She gives me a hug and we both sit down.
Before I've gotten a word in, a waiter appears out of nowhere and offers us a drink.
"I'll have an apple martini." Hannah tells him, smiling.
"I'll have a scotch on the rocks, please."
"That's a stiff drink," she says to me as the waiter leaves.
"To be honest, Han, I'm a little nervous." Hannah is the only person in the world, well, besides Luke, which I would ever admit this to.
"You? Ms. Ellie, Vice President of a gigantic company is nervous?"
I smile. "I haven't been on a date like this before. I'm meeting two men in the span on a couple seconds. What if I don't like either of them?"
"Well, you've met Jack, haven't you? And Kane really is an amazing guy. Tell me about Jack."
"Well, you know. He has hair, eyes, a penis and he talks with a really deep voice."
"So, he's a guy."
I laugh as the waiter comes along with our drinks. "Basically. What's this Kane fellow like?"
"Well, he has green eyes, brown hair and he's about 6'2. He's really considerate and generous. He has a dog named Molly and lives uptown in a newly built home."
"And you got all this out of one dinner?" I ask, incredulous.
"He's like an open book. There wasn't one question I asked that he didn't seem to want to answer."
So, he's a liar, too.
"Well, hello, ladies."
I look up to see Jack coming towards us. He's wearing the same coat as the night before, but his hair is slightly more moulded and he's wearing an apple green shirt and black tie. He looks even more gorgeous than before, although, not in a million years would I admit that - to anyone.
"Hannah, this is Jack. Jack, Hannah."
He leans over the table and shakes her hand. "Nice to meet you, Hannah. I'm just going to get a drink at the bar; can I get you guys anything?"
Hannah shakes her head. "The waiter will be here shortly, you don't need to go to the bar."
"Trust me. I've just been in a 12 hour meeting. I don't think I can wait even thirty seconds longer for a drink."
Hannah looks up at me, her eye brows raised. "Self-sufficient?"
"Alcoholic."
She laughs. "He's cute."
I turn to look at him and he catches me looking. "He's okay."
"So, what are we talking about?" he asks as he takes his seat beside me.
"You." I reply.
"Ah." he says. "Good topic. And what are you saying?"
"Nothing you need to know about."
He laughs and looks at me. The twinkle in his eye makes me want to jump his bones right then and there. I take my drink and take a large sip to swallow my desire - and not make it too obvious.
"Oh, there he is!" Hannah says and stands up to wave him over.
I look over towards the front door, the glass still at my lips, and see him. He's standing at the reception booth talking to the host and I nearly choke on my drink.
"Are you okay?" Jack asks.
I swallow hard and cough. "I'm fine." I cough again and smack my chest. "Wrong tube."
He laughs.
"Ellie, this is Kane. Kane this is my best friend Ellie and her date Jack."
Kane shakes Jack's hand first and then leans over the table to shake mine and when he looks up at me, he stalls mid bend. He looks at me for what seems like an eternity and I shake my head slightly, so no one notices. I shake his hand and he takes his seat beside his date.

0 comments:

Post a Comment